SPC One Year Anniversary.
One year ago this week I posted the first two podcasts on the newly minted Special Parents Confidential website. Fifteen episodes in one year, about three more than I thought I would be able to get produced, which puts me ahead of my expectations. And that’s always a good thing.
What does it take to create a podcast? As far as equipment goes, not much really. A mixer, a microphone, a phone interface, headphones, speakers, a digital recording platform, and some wires to connect it all.
But Special Parents Confidential is far more than the equipment. It’s a lot of people who helped me get started nearly six months before this date last year. Those people and their contributions are listed on the About Us page and I’d like to encourage you to take a look at the links to their own websites because they are some amazing people who do incredible things.
Most importantly I’d like to thank the 15 people who agreed to take time out of their busy schedules to answer questions about what parents of special needs children need to know and what they do to help. Some very graciously took a long time, nearly missing important events or meetings, just to make sure they answered every question.
When I started these interviews my goal was to create an online support group for parents of special needs children who aren’t able to attend support group meetings. Thanks to these first 15 people I can say that the goal has been exceeded
Here’s the list of those fine people and their episode subjects once again. If you haven’t heard all these interviews yet, please take a listen!
1. Carol Lippert – Support Groups
2. Dan Blauw – Legal Issues
3. Cyndi Blair – Playdates
4. Dr. Oren Mason – ADD/ADHD
5. Kindy Segovia – Assistive Technology
6. Kathy Holkeboer – Special Education Advocacy
7. Stacy Burns – One Parent’s Journey
8. Chris Kenward – Social Issues In School
9. Julie Wiseman – Deafness and Hearing Impairment
10. Paula Lancaster – Special Education
11. Rev. Mathew Cockrum – Special Needs and Spiritual Needs
12. Elizabeth Welch-Lykens – School Funding and Special Education
13. Rabbi Tzvi Schectman – The Friendship Circle
14. Gabriella McCall Delgado – We Connect Now
15. Conny Raaymakers – Applied Behavior Analysis
It’s been an amazing journey. I’m looking forward to continuing with more episodes in 2014 and beyond.
To everyone who agreed to be interviewed, to everyone who helped out in making this podcast and website a reality, and most of all, to you for finding my site, taking a listen, and then recommending these episodes to people you know:
A huge T H A N K Y O U !!!!